Monday, November 22, 2010

Very encouraging workout

Day 1 of Week 2 of the c25k training program was outstanding. It went SO much better than I was hoping. I even did an extra 30 seconds of jogging and 1 minute of walking at the end of the workout I felt so great. I could've done more, but I didn't want to push it.

I believe my body has fully adjusted to jogging in 1-minute increments. Because it seemed like I was OK the first 60 seconds of jogging, but once it got to 60 seconds, it was a bit of a struggle to get the next 30. But overall, I was very pleased with the workout. I didn't get completely worn out until my final 90-second jog, and I have to say that was a mighty struggle. It was up an incline and into the wind. My workout was to end with a 2-minute walk, but the Rocky theme song came on my ipod during that last part, and that was motivation enough to squeeze in that last 30-second jog. I have a rotation of about 17 songs on shuffle on the ipod that are kind of up-tempo, and that one had not cracked into my workout yet, much to my dismay. And while that one isn't up-tempo, per se, who doesn't feel like moving when that song is on? I wasn't going to waste it.

It was windy as fuck and unseasonably warm today as well. The weather was nice; the wind, not so much. It seemed no matter which way I was facing, I was running into a stiff wind. Must've been about 20 mph.

Will update later with my food journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment