Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Frantic update

Despite just about everything working against me, I had another good workout today. Day 2 of Week 2 of the c25k program is in the books.

But I don't feel so great right now. My legs are shot. My knees hurt.

I'm not sure why, but I'm blaming the lack of electricity for an hour this morning. I awoke at 7:30 a.m. not being able to breathe. I wear a CPAP machine. If there's no power, it's hard to breathe in that thing. I couldn't get back to sleep. The power finally kicked back on at about 8:30 and I went back to sleep. But I awoke about 11:30 a.m. -- which is the time I usually start my workouts. After seriously contemplating not running today because it was going to be a super busy-ass day at work (and it was), I talked myself into running. So I bolted out of bed, threw on my workout clothes and headed to the track.

I normally get up about 10:30 and make a smoothie on the days I workout, so I can have some energy in my system for about an hour. Plus, that gives my old body time to wake up and loosen up.

I could tell I was stiff when running, despite my stretching beforehand. But time wasn't on my side and I just powered through it. It was a very good run/walk. I can feel my body adjusting to it. Tomorrow is two weeks since I started.

Tomorrow also is Thanksgiving. I plan on kicking Thanksgiving's ass this year and not eating approximately 700 plates of food, including a tall glass of gravy to wash it all down. Portions and moderation are my friends tomorrow. I've done superb for two weeks, and I know I can do it again tomorrow.

I also am behind on my food diary, so here is that before I relax for the rest of the evening.

MONDAY
Breakfast
Smoothie
1/2 cup oatmeal with 8 oz skim milk

Lunch
Two ham and cheese sandwiches

Dinner
3 cups of homemade chicken gumbo (that's the last of it!)

Snacks
1 lowfat orange yogurt

110 oz water throughout the day

TUESDAY
Breakfast
Smoothie
Two-egg omelet with jalapenos, ham and cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla

Lunch
Two PB&J sandwiches

Dinner
Foot-long chicken breast sub from subway on flatbread with jalapenos, pepperjack cheese and spicy mustard.

No snacks

Only 64 oz of water throughout the day

WEDNESDAY
Breakfast
Nothing, no time. :-(

Lunch
Two PB&J sandwiches and 16 oz skim milk

Dinner
Foot-long chicken breast sub from subway on flatbread with jalapenos, pepperjack cheese and spicy mustard.

Snacks
1 low-fat key lime yogurt
Two bites of Thanksgiving ham
Five bites of stuffing

No comments:

Post a Comment