Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vacation = less blogging

I'm way behind on blogging and food diaries, but I will allow myself some slack, since this is my vacation week. Granted, I had to work Monday, but the last two days have been glorious days of doing absolutely nothing (except Wednesday's workout!).

In approximately 48 hours, I will be about to start my first 5k. I'm not sure what to expect. My goal is to not walk. However, since this is twice as long as any activity I've done since I started the c25k program, if I have to walk, I will. Wednesday's run was challenging, and the doubts started to creep in. Tomorrow's workout calls for a two-mile jog. I obviously am not doing that tomorrow, instead doing the 5k on Saturday (which happens to be my birthday). I told my brother about my plans, and now, the whole family is coming down to cheer me on. It's not that far of a drive, since we're doing Christmas at my mom's house tomorrow, and that's where everyone (except me) is staying the weekend. Afterward, assuming I'm not in the hospital (and hopefully after a shower) we're going out to eat to celebrate my birthday. I might allow myself a small sliver of cake.

My brother took me out to dinner last night. He was craving Chinese food, and he assured me he could order me something that wouldn't be too bad for my diet. He ordered me the moo goo gai pan, with white rice instead of fried rice. I'm not sure how it was prepared, but there was white chicken and lots of veggies. Hopefully it wasn't fried too extensively. But I ate that up. And a bowl of egg drop soup (about three cups total, I am estimating). It was delicious.

Anyway, here's the food diary from the last three days:

Monday
Breakfast
Smoothie
One cup oatmeal with 12 oz skim milk

Lunch
Two ham and cheese sandwiches

Dinner
Three cups of leftover taco soup

Snack
One fat-free cherry yogurt
One fat-free orange yogurt

128 oz of water throughout the day

Tuesday
Lunch
Two PB&J sandwiches with 16 oz skim milk

Dinner
Three cups of leftover taco soup

Snack
Two spoonfuls of peanut butter

64 oz of water throughout the day

Wednesday
Breakfast
Smoothie

Dinner
One order of moo goo gai pan with about two cups of white rice
3 cups of egg drop soup

About 36 oz of water throughout the day

No comments:

Post a Comment