Saturday, December 11, 2010

One month since I started

It's been one month since my journey to try and lose weight started on Nov. 11. If I didn't have so far to go, I think I could feel good about losing 21 pounds. But since I have 79 pounds to go, it's realistically just a drop in the bucket. I have to admit it's a tad frustrating, and I sometimes think it's not worth all the effort I'm putting out. I'm still too fat for the wii fit, for fuck's sake! (Although it's getting closer and closer to the day I can kick its ass for all those times telling me I exceed its weight limit).


I am seriously contemplating accelerating the c25k plan just for one day, so I can run a 5k one week from today, which happens to be my birthday. My very first goal was to run a 5k by my birthday, which I thought was an achievable goal because when I started, my birthday was six weeks away. Well, i was wrong. It was five weeks away. However, next week's schedule on the c25k program calls for running two miles with no walking on the Friday workout. So I am contemplating making my Friday workout a Saturday workout and going for broke and doing the 5k. If I have to walk, so be it. But I really want to do this.

I swear, one of these days I'm going to update my food diary daily just so I don't have a big, three-day's-worth-of-food wall of text at the end of every post


Wednesday
Breakfast

Smoothie
One cup oatmeal with 12 oz skim milk

Lunch
2 PB&J sandwiches

Dinner
Two cups healthy request chicken gumbo (from a can)

128 oz of water throughout the day

Thursday
Breakfast
Smoothie

Two-egg omelet with ham, cheese and jalapenos, wrapped in a flour tortilla (that was the last tortilla! Goodbye extra calories!)

Lunch
Two ham and cheese sandwiches

Dinner
Two cups healthy request italian wedding soup (from a can, 220 calories)

Snacks
8 restaurant corn chips with salsa

128 oz of water throughout the day

Friday
Breakfast
Smoothie
1 cup oatmeal with 12 oz skim milk

Lunch
Two PB&J sandwiches

Dinner
Six-inch club sub with pickles, jalapenos, mustard and pepperjack cheese on jalapeno bread from subway

Snacks
1 low-fat cherry yogurt
1 low-fat lime yogurt

128 oz of water throughout the day

No comments:

Post a Comment