Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's getting better

A funny thing is happening this week. My aches and pains are practically non-existent after workouts. It doesn't feel like I need a full day's recovery time. I didn't hurt at all yesterday, and even now, after doing Day 2 of Week 4 of the c25k program, nothing aches.

Today didn't start out so grand, however. After being gung-ho and looking forward to Monday's workout (which went fantastic), I nearly decided to skip today's. I have been doing so good and haven't skipped one yet was my reasoning. I finally did go to workout, obviously, but not until a full hour after I had planned to.

I am so glad I did. I feel great right now. In the past when I used to workout, I always felt great after finishing. I always wished you could bottle that feeling and drink it so you could have that feeling going into the workout, because starting always has been hard for me.

But ever since I started this a month ago, I never felt great after working out. I loathed it going in and loathed it after each workout. And when I realized I didn't have that "feel great" feeling after a workout, I loathed it even more.

But today was different. Thankfully. And here's hoping that feeling carries forward from here on out.

Here's my food diary from Monday and Tuesday:
Monday
Breakfast
Smoothie
Two-egg omelet with cheese, ham and jalapenos, wrapped in a flour tortilla

Lunch
Two PB&J sandwiches

Dinner
Leftover taco "salad." (About 20 baked tostitos scoops and less than 2 cups of ground turkey and rice, a slew of green salsa and a healthy dollop of plain, low-fat yogurt.

Snacks
One low-fat orange yogurt
One low-fat blueberry yogurt

128 oz of water throughout the day

Tuesday
Breakfast
Smoothie

Two-egg omelet with cheese, ham and jalapenos, wrapped in a flour tortilla

Lunch
Two PB&J sandwiches

Dinner
Two ham and cheese sandwiches

Snacks
Four bites of stuffing
One bite of cherry parfait

96 oz of water throughout the day

No comments:

Post a Comment