Monday, December 13, 2010

Doubts about the 5K

Just finished Day 1 of Week 5 of the c25k. It was a rough one. I feel great now, about an hour afterward, but during the run I was having doubts if I could do a complete 5k. Right now, the most I've completed is 1.6 miles -- a little more than half of a 5k.

Apparently my family is coming down to cheer me on as well. Maybe that's why the doubts are creeping in, since there will be an audience. I just hope I can do it.

Anyway, short blog, running late for work. I work today and then am off the rest of the week.

Weekend food diary:
Saturday
Lunch
5 ham and yogurt stuffed miniature jalapenos
1 giant ass pickle

Dinner
Two fresca bean burritos from Taco Bell

128 oz of water throughout the day

Sunday
Lunch
Chicken fajitas from Chili's (three flour tortillas, about two tablespoons of sour cream, and about 1 chicken breast it looked like)

Dinner
Three cups of homemade taco soup. I was just toying around in the kitchen and made it.

About 80 oz of water throughout the day


Here's the recipe for the soup:
32 oz chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup (with the one can of water as well)
1 package taco seasoning
2 cans of mexican style Rotel (juice and all)
25 oz canned, pre-cooked chicken (juice and all)
8 oz fat free plain yogurt
1 cup uncooked rice
Bring everything but rice and yogurt to a boil. Add rice and yogurt, reduce heat and stir well. Let simmer until rice is cooked.

I did a rough count of the recipes in the soup and it was about 1,200 calories for the entire pot. Both my wife and I ate a good-sized bowl and there's still plenty left, so it's a pretty low-calorie, healthy meal.

Next time I make it I'm going to add beans. With the beans, I think it'll be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment