Sunday, November 13, 2011

One year anniversary

Fat-me sandwich pics with obligatory goofy post-weight loss shot.

It's been one year since I started this blog. Ignore the fact I haven't actually blogged in seven months or so. It looks like so many other abandoned weight-loss blogs I've seen over the years. Those who start up all gung-ho, only to not only stop blogging, but stop losing weight.

Fortunately, for me, the lack of any blogs doesn't signify I quit working on my weight loss. On the contrary. I have lost 105 pounds in a year. It would have been more, but I tore my left plantaris in late September. I ran religiously, at least three times a week, since I started Nov. 11 of 2010. The reason why was because I was scared the first time I stopped running would be it for me. I wouldn't start back up.

Thankfully, after five weeks on the shelf, I was able to start running again last week. I started slowly, running 1.55 miles thrice last week. This week, I ran a 5k three times. Next week, I plan to run two 5ks and on Friday run 4.65 miles.

The best part of starting back up has been that while I'm running, I actually enjoy running. Pre-torn plantaris, from last November through this September: Hated running before, hated running during, hated running after. Post-torn plantaris, so far this November: Hate running before, LOVE running during, love running after.

I still have at least 28 more pounds to lose to reach my goal of 220, and so I still run. But I have a feeling I won't stop there.

I also will try to blog more and start keeping my food diaries again (although I will not bog down the blog with them anymore; looking back, that was ridiculous).

If anyone out there actually reads this, thank you, and here's to another great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment