Sunday, November 27, 2011

I survived Thanksgiving weekend

Bad things out of the way first: Despite doing  pretty well at the Thanksgiving meal, I didn't do so hot after the meal ... later in the night with leftovers. Not that I did terrible, but I didn't do as well as I would have liked. Also, I didn't run 6.2 miles as planned on Friday. I ended up running yesterday and it was only 3.1 miles.

I "justified" my non-running twofold: We did the Black Friday thing starting at midnight and didn't get back until 7 a.m. During that time, I did do an assload of walking. After not being scheduled to leave until Saturday, I ended up leaving Friday afternoon, so that was the other reason for not running Friday. The other "justification" was with halving the run distance. We took my dad out for his birthday/Father's Day celebration last night (finally nailed him down after five months!), and I didn't have enough time to get in a full 6.2-mile run.

I had nearly talked myself out of running altogether. It was cold, windy and rainy. I was tired. I didn't have enough time. For the first time since I started back running, I didn't want to run. "It's a holiday week, I can take a break!" It's a dangerous road to start on. Right now, I only have one leg down that road. I better realize it's not the road I want to be on and turn around and run down the other path.

The OKC half marathon awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment