Saturday, October 17, 2015

Back to it

It's been nearly four years since I've blogged. I wish I could say my "quest" is finished. But it's not.

I ate McDonald's for lunch today. I ate there yesterday, too. I didn't run yesterday. I didn't run today.

I have no legitimate excuses. But I make excuses to myself all the time to not run. Yesterday, it was "I'll run tomorrow." Today was "I'm running late for work." Never mind the fact that I sat around and did nothing for hours before work -- when I should have been running.

I have to hold myself accountable. That's why I will start blogging again. I WILL run Monday. I WILL have a long run Wednesday. I WILL walk tomorrow, to shake off a week's worth of sedentation.

I have no excuses. I feel great after I exercise. I obviously hate exercising, but why can't the feeling I get after doing it be enough motivation?

I'm done with excuses. This is my second bad week in three weeks. I must nip this in the bud before I go into another year-long funk. The holidays are coming. Food awaits me. I am NOT going to gain this holiday season. I WILL maintain. I might even lose.

It starts again now.

No comments:

Post a Comment