Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Back at it

The good news: I ran again today.

The bad news: I've eaten about 40 tootsie rolls at work tonight.

I procrastinated and put off running as long as I could today until I either had to run or be late for work. I ended up running, thankfully. But even during my run, I tried to talk myself out of finishing it. "Just run one lap. That's a 'good' start for starting back up." It's not like I have been off for months; I last ran a week ago today. Thankfully, I powered through and finished the whole run. And of course I felt great after. It's just during the runs that I absolutely hate it.

It's amazing how just one week off affects your body. It was super hard to get going into my run. My pace was one minute slower per mile. Because of my recent two mini-layoffs, I'm basically taking two steps forward and one step back. I guess that's better than going backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment