Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fat Tuesday and Fatter Wednesday

The original title of this entry was Getting faster and Fat Tuesday. But that was before this morning's run that I just finished.

I was excited that it seemed the days of the 50-minute-plus 5K was behind me. I had been coming in under 50 minutes for the last two weeks. Definitely not a major milestone for the average runner, who is shooting for a 50-minute 10K. But for me, considering I couldn't even run for 30 consecutive seconds four months ago, a decent milestone. Along the way, I set a PR at a timed event Saturday with 46:33. I still wish I was faster and can get it under 45 minutes, and even though I've lost 55 pounds, I'm still carrying about 75 extra pounds, which is hampering my time.

And then along comes today. A nearly 53-minute piece of shit run. My body was stiff and sore from the start. Still, I checked my time at about 1/4 of the way in and I was less than 30 seconds behind my standard run. I checked it again at the halfway point and I was two minutes behind.

I blame Fat Tuesday. We had a potluck dinner at work, and man did I pig out. I haven't eaten like that since I started my diet and exercise regime back in November. I sure did pay for it today. At least that's what I'm blaming it on. I literally could not stop myself from eating. It was sad, and why I'm in the shape I'm in. I have no self control and am basically worthless when it comes to food consumption.

You'll see the damage in my food diary below.

Thursday
Breakfast
1 cup oatmeal with 12 oz skim milk
Smoothie

Lunch
Two ham sandwiches

Dinner
Frozen dinner healthy choice chicken fajita

Snacks
Two nonfat yogurts

128 oz of water throughout the day

Friday
Breakfast
PB&J sandwich

Lunch
Baked potato with chicken breast

Dinner
6-inch oven roasted chicken breast sandwich on jalapeno bread with pepperjack cheese from subway

Snacks
1 nonfat yogurt

160 oz of water throughout the day

Saturday
Breakfast
Smoothie

Lunch
Package of beef jerkey (225 calories)

Dinner
Chicken fajitas with three flour tortillas, rice and beans
About 20 corn chips with salsa

Snacks
1 100 calorie pack of cheezits
1 100 calorie pack of mint-chocolate chip cookies

48 oz of water
8 oz of liquid sugar (peach lemonade)

Sunday
Lunch/Dinner
Two chicken strips
Piece of quesidilla
Three small onion rings
Bowl of chili
Four saltines
1/2 french dip sandwich with swiss cheese

Snacks
Beef jerky (135 calories)
20 oz gatorade (45 calories)

60 oz of water throughout the day

Monday
Breakfast
Smoothie
Two-egg omelet with ham and cheese

Lunch
Two ham sandwiches

Dinner
2-3 cups of chicken and wild rice soup

Snacks
1 nonfat yogurt
2 tootsie pops

96 oz of water throughout the day

Tuesday
Lunch
Four chicken strips
12 potato wedges
1/2 an ear of corn
Big serving of rice and sausage
4 deviled eggs

Dinner
20 potato wedges
36 doritos with bean dip
3 brownies
3 chocolate chip cookies
1 piece of coconut cream pie

Snacks
10 tostitos scoops with bean dip

64 oz of water throughout the day

No comments:

Post a Comment