Saturday, December 17, 2011

5K playlist

I will be taking part in a 5K in less than two hours. My goal is under 40 minutes, which would be a personal record.

I have comprised a list of mostly fast-tempo mashup songs to help me out along the way, and will lay out the 11 tracks for you here:

1. Duel of the Fates from the Phantom Menace soundtrack. It's a tradition for this to be the opening song in my races as the pack starts to separate itself from me. A chaotic song for a chaotic first part of the race.

2. Prodigy vs. Enya. This video isn't the version I have, but it's close. A little slower tempo and kind of trancey. Good song for early in the race.

3. Black Betty by Ram Jam. Good, fast-paced beat to help pick up the pace after a (hopefully) nice and easy start.

4. Sinatra vs. Monae, This Tightrope's Made for Walkin'.

5. (Video not available): Hey Misty. Jay-Z vs. Led Zeppelin. A great mashup by DJ Topcat. Here's the link for it: http://www.mediafire.com/?fal38qcifcm57mz

6. Tripper Trouble by djBC's Beastles creation.

7. (Video not available): 24-hour Rythm. Eazy-E vs. Johnny Cash. Another great mashup by Topcat. Direct link for it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?570r9brev2ukall

8. The song I blogged about before. Will need it during the home stretch.

9. Another good BC mashup. Beastie Boys vs. Bee Gees. Stayin' Alive.

10. Busta Thriller. Busta Rhymes vs. Michael Jackson. Hopefully, I will be skipping this song if I hit my goal time. Otherwise, I'll trudge through this upbeat tune.

11. Going the Distance from the Rocky soundtrack. Best song to end any race on.

No comments:

Post a Comment